Pages

Friday, June 4, 2010

Leftover Soup

I am getting better at using what is on hand to figure out dinner, last night I made a soup with what was in the fridge and it turned out pretty good so I thought I would write it down. Keep in mind that you can use pretty much whatever you have on hand in this soup.

1/2 onion
1 clove garlic
olive oil
pint of white mushrooms stems removed and sliced
3 ears of corn, kernals removed cobs thrown in compost
about 1 cup peas
1 cup whole wheat pasta (I used elbow)
2 big handfuls baby spinach
leftover baked chicken cut in cubes
chicken broth (low-sodium)
salt & pepper
basil
1 bay leaf

saute onion in olive oil, after about 1 minute add garlic mushrooms, peas, corn and saute for another minute or until veggies are tender
add about 6 cups chicken broth, pasta bring to boil
lower heat to simmer add spinach and chicken and herbs
let simmer for 10-20 minutes season with S&P

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment