Pages

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Finding Your Passion

Recently my grandpa handed me a book to read by Maria Bartiromo called "The 10 Laws of Enduring Success". This is such a great book to read for people of all ages, backgrounds and anyone who wants to be successful in life. I am almost finished with it and it has been inspiring. One thing that it has made me pause and think about is exploring my passion. My whole life I have always been searching for that one thing that keeps me excited and motivated. I have a lot of things that I enjoy doing and a lot of things that I could picture myself doing but there is always that question I often stop and wonder. If I had all the money in the world and could do anything, what would that be? The answer to that question is that I would be with my kids. That's it, I would hang out with my kids and be there for them the way my mom was for me. I finally found my passion, my children. I know some of you think this is absolutely absurd but I am not lying. In our 6 years of knowing each other, Ry and I still have never been on vacation just the 2 of us because I enjoy having Eoin and now Emmi around.
So, I am at a crossroads right now. I registered for school so that I may finish my bachelors degree in nursing. I am worried though because the majority of nursing jobs are 12 hour shifts which means 2 nights out of the week I won't be home to cook dinner and do homework etc. That also means that I may have to work holidays and summers. The ideal job for a mom who wants to spend time with kids is a teacher. I thought about getting a bachelors degree for that but I don't want to do that. I love being a nurse and ya know what? I am a damn good nurse! I know my stuff, I am caring and compassionate. I love taking care of people. So here it is, I need to get my BSN (Bachelors science nursing) it is what I was meant to do. I guess I will just find a manager who doesn't mind me doing 8 hour shifts and taking summers off. After my BSN I can get my masters and teach at college level, or maybe even be a Nurse Practicioner hmmm....One thing at a time.
What is important out of this whole thing is that we need to look deep within ourselves and figure out what we are passionate about. Take a look into the future 5 years and what do you see yourself doing? What makes you truly happy? If it isn't what you are doing now, then start making steps toward achieving that goal.
So I want to hear it. What is your passion?

No comments:

Post a Comment