Pages

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Happy Birthday Grandpa and Grandma.

My Grandpa turned 85 this week, whoa. I think I have lived a long time and I've only been on this earth for almost a third of what he has. My Grandpa Lehn is one of THE wisest person I have ever known. Pretty much anything that I am wondering about, I can go ask him and he will have an answer. I love listening to him tell stories, and so does Ryan and Eoin. We chose to give Eoin the middle name Donald, which is my grandpa's first name. My grandpa writes the best letters and sends them in the actual mail which is very cool considering he may be one of the last people on earth to do such a thing. Very sad to think about that actually. Yes, technology has made everything faster and easier but less exciting and heartfelt. I feel like there is nothing in the world greater than going to your mailbox to find a handwritten letter from somebody. Anyways, back on the subject. I always said my grandpa should write a book, even a biography about him would be something interesting to read.
My parents, cousins, Ry, Eo and Em all brought dinner over the other night for his birthday and a great time was had by all.



Grandpa got some help with the candles by Eoin and (his 2nd cousin?) Aubrey.





Along with my grandpa Lehn's birthday we also celebrated my grandma Huskey's 83rd birthday this week.
Another great person in my life, Beverly. She is an inspiration to me as well. Bev doesn't let anything bother her (well at least it doesn't show). In my 29 years I don't remember ever seeing her yell or get mad at anyone or anything. One thing that stands out in my mind is the day we were in a car and there was an accident up ahead. The average person would get irritated that they had to sit in traffic but she said "I hope everyone is ok". I took that and stored it in my memory because I think if only the rest of the world had this mentality it would be a better place.
Today we had my mom's side of the family over for baked potato, soup and salad bar, it was really tasty and everyone enjoyed themselves.




Of course Eoin had to help with these candles too.


We all enjoyed the celebrations and look forward to many more in the future. 

We feel so lucky to have our grandparents in our lives.



No comments:

Post a Comment