Pages

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Connecting to a Deeper Reality

We can learn a lot from the Buddist religion on how to be a better person and live our lives to be more fulfilled. There is an ancient practice known as the Four Mind Changers. It helps us turn our hearts and minds to Dharma (truth and reality) and away from worldliness, confusion, and ordinary habits. Even though I do not officially practice buddhism I think that reflecting on these 4 basic thoughts will help keep me grounded in reality and conscious of what is truly important.

1. "I have been blessed with a life in which I can do many things to further my own happiness and the happiness of those around me."

2. "Life is short; there is no time to waste"

3. "The journey through life isn't supposed to be easy; It's supposed to be real"

4. "Our karma is the one thing we carry with us always"

                                                                    Emmi reflecting

2 comments:

  1. What great words to remember and live by! I have never studied Buddhism, but it seems like a set of beliefs that makes a lot of sense. I've always thought that if I had to pick a religion, Buddhism might be one that I'd pick. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, I am not a religious person but I enjoy Buddhism the best out of all of them. It seems like it is the only religion that makes sense to me.

    ReplyDelete