Pages

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Lily the Bear

Thanks to my Aunt Peggy I found out about this website. My new favorite place to go. What a great idea, they placed live web cams in different places such as a few eagles nests, a falcon nest, and my favorite Lily the black bear's den. She just had a baby cub in January but I haven't yet seen her yet. This got me interested in black bears and how they mother. I saw a few videos of mama bears and their cubs and it is such a beautiful site to see the mama bears taking care of the baby bears, they are really great mothers. It's no wonder it is a known fact that if you come between a mama bear and her cubs you're in for it. I would react the same way if some unfamiliar thing came in between my kids and I. They are very gentle creatures and I have no idea why anyone would ever want to hunt or harm these animals unless you live in the woods and this is your source of food and warmth.

No comments:

Post a Comment