Pages

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Ryan is home!

On Monday evening Ry got back into town from visiting his family in NY. We are so excited to have him back, I think Eoin is most excited.


Eoin is very lucky to not only have a daddy but also a best friend.

One of my favorite things to do is to watch them play together.
The night Ry came home I'm pretty sure Eoin told hiim he loved him at least 10 times, and that is being modest. Eoin looks up to Ryan so much and he wants to be just like him in every way possible, he even wanted to sleep with no shirt on the other night because that's what daddy does. It makes me so happy to know that my son has such a great role model in his life. So we are relieved to have him home, things get a little crazy every once in a while with a 4 almost 5 year old and a 7 month old. We owe my mom somethin' really nice for all that she helped me, Eoin and Emmi with while he was gone. Since Emmi still doesn't drink out of a bottle or sippy cup, I still need to take time to nurse her. That makes it hard to also take care of and entertain Eoin.


My dad helped a little bit too by taking Emmi for baby buggy rides and stuff.
So mom, dad...thanks.

I made this vegetarian/vegan chili last night and I thought it was delicious. A recipe from Cooking Light magazine inspired me, it is pretty similar I just changed a few things.


t=tsp, T=tbls
2 red peppers-roasted or I guess you could get the jarred ones, they aren't as good though
Olive Oil
1 medium yellow onion chopped
2t ground cumin
1/2t crushed red pepper or more if you want it spicier
1t paprika
1/2t salt
4 garlic cloves roughly chopped
2 C organic veg. broth
about 1/2 butternut squash cubed
28oz. can diced tomatoes
15 oz. can pinto beans
15oz. can cannelini beans
15oz. can black beans
scallions for garnish

-Cut Peppers in half lengthwise, remove seeds and core. place skin side up on sheet tray covered in foil. Broil in oven on hi until skins are black. When skins turn black place peppers in a ziploc bag or in a bowl covered in plastic wrap for about 10 minutes or until skins are loose. Remove skins and chop peppers
-Saute onions in olive oil
-when onions become tender add everything up to and including garlic
-saute until garlic is fragrant
-Add peppers, broth, squash, tomatoes
-bring to simmer and cook 20 minutes
-Add beans and simmer for another 25 minutes (at this point I placed it in my slow cooker and turned it on low for about an hour)
-garnish with scallions and serve with cornbread

Enjoy!
-

P.S. I'm loving these guys right now and for a good laugh click here

No comments:

Post a Comment