Pages

Monday, February 8, 2010

Super Bowl Sunday

The one sports game of the year that we actually watch or even care about is the super bowl. Don't ask me why, I guess it's all the hype surrounding it that makes it appealling. As for the commercials, they weren't great at all. I thought there was one that was even remotely good, that was the Bud Light commercial when they were all stuck on the island after a plane crash and they would rather stay there and party than get off the island. I got kind of tired of all the Doritos commercials and logos everywhere, OK Doritos we get it you paid a lot of money to advertise during the Super Bowl. Guess what, everyone already knew who you were and I seriously doubt that anybody is going to go out and buy a bag of Doritos because of your ads. Anyways, I think I ultimately use the Super Bowl as an excuse to eat/make multiple dips. If my husband and kids would allow it I would make dip and soup for every meal. Unfortunately Ry won't eat soup for every meal and Eoin won't even try either of the 2. Here are some pictures of our "Super Bowl Party"
BTW If you haven't tried the wings from Anthony's Coal Fired Pizza do so. They are by far the best wings I have EVER tasted. They are up front, 7 layer dip in the middle, veggies with dip in the back.
Recipe for 7 layer dip:
1st layer: Bean Dip
2nd Layer: Sour Cream mixed with taco seasoning
3rd layer: guacamole (avocados, garlic, tomato, lime juice, onion, cilantro, S&P)
4th Layer: Salsa
5th Layer: Cheese
6th Layer: Sliced black olives
7th Layer: chopped tomato

We even celebrated "Froggy's" birthday and Eoin's pretend birthday


Emmi even got into the action
Mom made potato skins. YUM!

About to throw a meal into the slow cooker because Eoin has his first Tee ball practice at 5:30. Hopefully it will go well. Which means better than soccer went. Hope everyone is enjoying their day.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! You did not just show me all of that food!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys did it up right I might have to show superbowl Sunday next year.

    ReplyDelete